Here are some ways you can support the campaign:
Support the #FreeThemNY PostcardPalooza Campaign!
We want New Yorkers to mail 10,000 postcards to Governor Andrew Cuomo. Can you help us reach our goal? There are many ways to support the postcard campaign!
- If you are a New York resident, you can download the postcard templates here or here, and then print and mail it to Cuomo any time.
- Come to our upcoming events, where we will have postcards you can fill out in person. We will mail the postcards for you.
- If you want us to mail you a stack of postcards that you promise to have people in your community fill out and then mail directly to the Governor, email your mailing address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll mail you some cards.
- We're a volunteer-led effort funded through grassroots donations so if you have the means to make your own postcards, we have a pair of templates, here and here, that you can print out and get people in your community to mail to Cuomo. You can then mail the cards yourself.
- If you want to donate to us to help us cover the postcard printing costs, you can do so here. (Select Survived and Punished NY so they allocate the funds properly.)
- Join our mailing list
Endorse the campaign
Please email us if you would like to initiate a conversation about your organization endorsing our campaign, or if you are interested in organizing with us directly.
Please call Governor Cuomo directly at 1-518-474-8390 if you can! You can also use the form linked above. Here is some suggested language you can use to begin the conversation or leave a message:
I am disappointed in Governor Cuomo's decision to exercise his clemency powers so rarely. New York should be a leader in addressing the crisis of incarceration. I stand with the #FreeThemNY campaign to demand Governor Cuomo immediately use his clemency powers to free criminalized survivors of gender violence held in prisons in New York.